Idaho Master Thespian's center of chaos

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My parent's 50th anniversary oringinal poem

This past weekend was my parent's 50th. I composed and recited an oringinal poem and if I may be a selfish, egotistical SOB for a minute I got a lot of compliments. I would like to reproduce it here.


50 YEARS AGO

A flame of love was lit
and the Spirit of God smoked
upward from your wedding church altar,
igniting two stars to shine on you.


Those stars in Heaven
twinkle in your eyes
illuminating with God's light
everything and everyone
blessed to interact with you.



Anyone have any critiques, comments, questions?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    I'm not much of a poetry person, but I think it is a very sweet and heartfelt poem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home